Petition to oppose the Planned Unit Development-Conditional Zoning District (PUD-CZ) at the intersection of Laura Duncan and N. Salem St. in Apex, NC
527 people have signed this petition. Add your name now!
527 people have signed. Add your voice!
Maxine K. signed just now
Adam B. signed just now
We, the undersigned, are opposed to the apartment development proposed at the intersection of Laura Duncan Road and North Salem Street, Apex, NC for the following reasons:
- Traffic and safety of pedestrians are major areas of concern. Traffic jams east of the two-lane N. Salem-Old Apex Rd already spans the distance between before the Salem Church merging lanes and the Old Apex/Cary Parkway intersection. The intersections along the N. Salem St-Old Apex Rd are routinely blocked by traffic from Salem Church Rd, traffic turning onto Laura Duncan Rd or towards Cary Parkway during rush hour.
- The traffic will disproportionately surge during morning and evening rush hours, causing traffic issues during critical times for the existing neighborhoods.
- The traffic surge during morning rush hours will also negatively impact safety for children, since students walk to nearby schools in the mornings. In general, the area traffic is continuing to increase, and heavy traffic is already common at times from North Salem St and Laura Duncan Rd, which may not have been anticipated during the last rezoning approval.
- Schools in the area are already reported at overcapacity, and the council should not approve multi-family dwellings that creates or exacerbates a situation that will cause school concurrency to fail for this proposal and/or other approved plans.
- Once the property is rezoned, the developer can change the original concept within the approved PUD-CZ zoning.