OPPOSE THE LOCATION OF A MEDICAL CANNABIS DISPENSARY (MCD) AT 2414 LOMBARD STREET
The Planning Commission approved an MCD at 2414 Lombard Street in November 2015. The Cow Hollow Association is appealing that decision with the Appeals Board at a hearing on June 22, 2016. Reasons for opposing this location:
1. The site is directly across the street from ED II, an at risk youth residential housing project supported with rent subsidies from the city. ED II provides access to life skills programs for 18 - 24 year olds transitioning out of supportive housing. It would be adding risk to the ED II residents to locate an MCD right across the street as they are working to gain the skills to live on their own.
2. Larkin Street Youth Services, the organization that manages both the ED II and the life skills programs offered to the residents, is opposed to an MCD at this location.
3. The site is two doors down from the United Studio of Self Defense, a martial arts studio with programs serving all ages - Pee Wee (age 3 - 5), Kids (age 5 - 12), Teens (age 13 - 17) as well as adults. The studio owners, parents and students themselves have stated their opposition to an MCD in such close proximity. www.ussdsf.com
There are many ways to express your opposition to this location.
- Attend the Board of Appeals hearing on June 22, 2016
- Sign this petition by June 16, 2016
-Communicate directly with the Board of Appeals and refer to APPEAL # 16-506, SUBJECT PROPERTY 2414 LOMBARD STREET in the message
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org and cc:email@example.com
- mail: 1650 Mission Street, Suite 304 San Francisco CA 94103
Make your voice heard!