Non-Smokers Health Protection (Winnipeg)
21 people have signed this petition. Add your name now!
21 people have signed. Add your voice!
Maxine K. signed just now
Adam B. signed just now
In regard to the Outdoor Smoking BY-LAW NO. 62/2011, We,the undersigned, sign this petition to extend the by-law to non-city owned property such as the universities/colleges, entrances to malls/office buildings, public parks and green spaces for the health protection of children and non-smoking adults.
Someone else's poor choices should not affect the health and well-being of others.
We, the undersigned, request that smoking in public should be prohibited within 10 meters (30 ft) of a public entrance when:
- The building has only one public entrance/exit, not counting emergency exits and service entrances;
- or Where the building has more than one designated public entrance, where an entrance other than the primary building entrances, is not clearly marked as an approved location for smoking.
- On all privately owned, public use, outdoor patio's (such as those owned by restaurants and bars) that do not have a designated smoking area, which the designated area must be less than 20% of the available seating or square footage, where seating is not provided;
- In all public parks and public green spaces, unless a designated smoking area is provided, regardless of it a youth event is taking place; and
- Within 10 meters of a bus stop.
We ask for your postal code to help ensure you are from Winnipeg and to help show area's of the city that support this. The age and gender are used for statistics only.