Neighbor Support for Ravenswood on Tap Block Party Permit
Please only sign this petition if you live or own/manage a business on these blocks in Chicago: 5000-5100 N Ravenswood Ave/1800 W Winnemac Ave/1800 W Winona Ave
This petition is informing and asking for neighbor support from the 5000-5100 Ravenswood Ave/1800 Winnemac Ave/1800 Winona Ave for a BLOCK PARTY permit request for June 25 from 5AM to June 26 11AM. The permit will request street closure of the 5100 Block of W Ravenswood Ave only. (Ravenswood Ave from Foster Ave south to Winona Ave - the block that includes Empirical Brewery - west of the Metra tracks).
Requested street closure will be from 5am Saturday June 25 to 11am Sunday June 26. The actual Ravenswood on Tap event will run Saturday June 25, 3-9pm.
Over 60% of the homes/businesses must sign this petition in order to request this activity from the city of Chicago. Once the permit is approved by the Alderman's office all homes or apartments will be notified.
- Street closure notices will be posted by the city a week in advance.
- Noise: A small sound system (a PA) will be used to support one stage of live folk music. Sound will be facing away from homes, towards Foster Avenue.
- Crowd Control: We will have security coordinated by off duty local Chicago Police officers. All outdoor activities will end at 9 PM.
- Event Details: Takes place on Ravenswood btwn Foster + Winona. Showcasing neighborhood’s craft brewing scene. Live folk music. Local vendors. Food trucks. Scheduled for 3-9 PM on Satuday, June 25th.
- Event Organizers and Proceeds: The event is being hosted by local organizations Greater Ravenswood Chamber of Commerce(GRCC), Bowmanville Community Organization (BCO), and Empirical Brewery, with proceeds supporting the BCO and RCC greening initiatives.
- Partners: Ravenswood On Tap is making it a point to partner with as many local vendors and businesses as possible.
For more info: http://ravenswoodchicago.org/ontap/