NE Raleigh, NC Citizens Oppose Rezoning Z-45-2020
Dear Neighbor of NE Raleigh: This petition is in opposition of Z-45-2020
Opposition Video: https://youtu.be/vTlmC2yu16g
The city of Raleigh Planning/Development Department issued a report justifying rezoning the corner of New Hope and Buffalo Roads for a 350 unit (4) story urban apartment complex in the middle of our suburbia community.
Link A is our Small Area Plan. Link B proposed by the City.
Many issues raised as follows:
1. Traffic increase/speeds threatens safety and walkability on sidewalks parallel to streets:
2. Urban apartment complex is ‘incompatible’ with character of surrounding low-rise suburban homes;
3. Micro-climate destroyed by removal of ‘Tree Conservation’ for massive amounts of asphalt parking;
4. Privacy of adjacent properties with a no buffered 4-story complex surrounded by parking;
5. High density urban building placed in low-density neighborhoods is eyesore/blocks sunlight;
6. Property values of existing residents are negatively affected by high-density apartment housing.