Midland Road Proposal
I would like to object to the proposal, by Persimmon Homes, to build 206 new houses and a country park on the land at the end of Midland Road, Bramhall. This is due to the following:
1. The most recent scoping exercise carried out by Persimmon Home and RSK was not detailed enough, as agreed by the council. Therefore this proposal is premature.
2. The proposed location of the houses is on known contaminated land due to it being previous unlicensed landfill. The land is known to contain chemicals such as lead, cadmium, mercury, arsenic. These chemicals will be released if the land was disturbed and local residents fear this may be harmful. Most importantly is the discovery of Asbestos on the proposed site, as documented in previous reports.
3. There is no current agreed plan to safely remediate the land for existing or future residents.
4. The local area is already well populated with heavy traffic congestion on local roads. The proposal states Midland Road will be used as entrance/exit with the added option of opening Geneva Road. These roads are unable to cope with a potential 450 extra cars. Safety of local residents and children will be put at risk.
5. The local school, doctors and dentists will also struggle to cope with accommodating the additional new residents.
This petition will be sent to Persimmon Homes and Stockport Council