Keep Elmira (NY) Fire Department American LaFrance
Elmira (NY) Fire Department is selling their last American LaFrance Fire truck. I have made this petition to help keep the American LaFrance Fire truck in Elmira. Even if it's at the local history museum. American LaFrance started in Elmira NY. They moved to South Carolina in the 1980's. Even with the company gone the history of the company lives on across the country. Just last year the company closed up for good. So with the fire dept where it all started the best thing to do is keep the truck in Elmira.
Info on the truck:
- 1978 American LaFrance Century
- Referbed in1989 by Custom Fire Inc.
- 100' Aerial Ladder w/Electric Nozzle
- 200 gpm Booster Pump
- Full Compliment of Ground Ladders, Ventilation Tools and EMS Equipment
- Reserve Unit for Tower 1 when it is on a structure fire or down for maintenance.