Symmes Township … NO unsafe, closed room July BZA Meeting (IH Shooting Range)… Hold this meeting online.
This petition is a request to the Symmes Township Trustees / Administrator to reverse the decision to hold a potentially hazardous, in-house, closed room meeting of the July 6, 2020 Board of Zoning Appeals (BZA) and use the online meetings system that has worked so successfully in the past.
- The person-to-person, in-house BZA meeting was demanded by the representatives of the Indian Hill village and the Indian Hill Shooting Range in lieu of a safer, online meeting venue.
- It is ‘OK’ for the Village of Indian Hill to hold their meeting safely online .. not so the residents of Symmes Township.
- No safety precautions have been published (per: Symmes Township website) regarding the way this meeting will be safely conducted.
- This petition, with your signatures will be forwarded to Symmes Township Trustees (Ken Bryant, Jody Leis, Phil Beck) and the Township Administrator (Kim Lapensee).
- A number of the concerned residents who would like to contribute to this process are senior citizens. There is simply no justification for exposing these individuals to this risk, when an alternative online system is readily available.
Note: Several posts to the website suggest this technique of demanding unsafe public meetings is now a common technique used to limit opposing voices when controversial issues are concerned … This has not been verified for Symmes Twp.