Improving Thoroughbred racing through better surveillance and security along with tough penalties for those who violate the rules
We the Bettors, Fans, Owners, Trainers, and other Industry Stakeholders sign this pledge advocating for better Thoroughbred horse welfare by enacting greater security measures to protect horses and the integrity of the Sport. We also want meaningful strengthening of rules providing appropriate consequences for all those that break the rules governing race day medication. Here, the undersign, request that state horse racing boards, in the interest of fair and clean racing implement surveillance and security systems throughout the backstretch including stricter security for those entering and exiting such areas. This alone can ensure better horse health and deter improper conduct.
In addition governing bodies like the California Horse Race Board should create and enforce regulations in an equitable fashion based upon higher standards as those found in the Hong Kong Jockey Club, widely considered the worldwide leader in such matters.
On the eve of the Breeder's Cup, we strongly urge the California Horse Racing Board to take the lead in putting such measures in place following North America's premier two days of racing.
In addition to signing, we're asking petitioners to add to the discussion board below with any suggestions that would benefit Thoroughbred horse racing by providing the safest and fairest conditions for the sport we love.
As noted in the privacy clause of this site, names and emails will only be used to show horse racing governing bodies that each signature is unique and has been provided by an individual interested in joining this most important cause.
- November 16
- 500 signers! Now we will create letters to racing commissions/legislatures across the country to introduce this petition and our want for cleaner, safer horse racing. show more
- October 24
- Make the list of KY Derby trainers signing, now at 2: Doug O'Neill joins Graham Motion on our list. show more
- October 23
- Trainers Gary Contessa and Bruce Headley throw their names behind our petition! show more
- October 22
- 400 signers! Thanks to all. Aiming for 1,000 by this weekend. show more
- October 19
- Almost 300 signers! If you sign, please spread the word to friends and followers on Facebook, Twitter or through email. show more
- October 18
- OK - we're over 100 signers! Keep spreading the word. show more
- October 17
- We are now live! show more
Is there a cause you really care about? Start a free petition like this one and make a real difference.
2 years agoBeth Lauxen United States2 years ago
2 years agoruth phelan2 years ago
2 years agoKent McFeely2 years ago
3 years agoSharon3 years ago
3 years agoMichael Meyer3 years ago
3 years agoMichael J Scarpelli3 years ago
3 years agoChristian Hendrickson3 years ago
3 years agoMike McGough3 years ago
3 years agoDiane Elhard3 years ago
3 years agoKen Root3 years ago
3 years agoWes Kucera3 years ago
3 years agoJoe Plebani3 years ago
3 years agoJohn Martin3 years ago
3 years agoJay Moore3 years ago
3 years agoDana Kelly3 years ago