I Back BASIS Castle Hills 2017!
Dear Castle Hills City Council,
We, the undersigned residents of Castle Hills, support the proposed BASIS Castle Hills campus on Winston Lane. This is the perfect site to serve the next generation of BASIS San Antonio students for the following reasons:
- It is an ideal location, being centrally located for our current BASIS San Antonio Medical Center and North Central families.
- Having BASIS locate in Castle Hills will be a benefit to the City due to the notoriety of having the top-ranked school in Bexar County attached to the Castle Hills name. Based on past experience with BASIS schools, it will also likely bolster the real estate market in the Castle Hills area.
- BASIS schools' teachers and staff like to live near their school and shop in the area. BASIS teachers and staff drink a lot of coffee and order lunch from area businesses during the school days!
- BASIS families support the businesses near their campus by stopping at stores, restaurants, and other businesses as they drop off and pick up their children.
- The traffic impact analysis shows that the site can function safely. BASIS will accommodate recommendations from the city regarding any potential 'blocking' of Winston Lane just south of the campus to ensure that campus traffic doesn't flow through the adjacent neighborhood but instead is brought to and from N.W. Military.
- The 'blocking' and possible improvement of Winston Lane is also a benefit added to the City because the 'blocking' will also keep other schools' traffic from cutting through the neighborhood.
- BASIS also cuts down on single car travel by parent-led carpooling and bussing. A proposed shuttle service between the three BASIS campuses would further reduce traffic.
- BASIS has spent two years searching for the optimal new home for its upper school, and they have found it in this site.
- BASIS has and will continue to work diligently with the City of Castle Hills to ensure an optimal outcome for all parties. BASIS will continue to reach out to the community and be a good neighbor.
Thank you for all of the time you are spending on this issue that is so important to hundreds of Castle Hills constituents.
To learn more about BASIS and our schools, please visit www.btxschools.org