Hyer Parents Supporting the ES Plan
We are Hyer parents that support the current HPISD plan for the relocation of the elementary school populations during the construction periods.
Reasons we support the plan:
1. It is illogical and inconsiderate to expect Bradfield parents to drive inordinate distances to School #5 during their displacement period.
2. The district has an obligation to prioritize public safety by minimizing traffic congestion in all three cites (HP, UP and Dallas) during the construction period. Bradfield parents traveling to School #5 will cause congestion in all three cities, twice daily.
3. A significant portion of Hyer students will not leave the new school after they arrive, which will allow at least a portion of the school to move only one time. Many Kindergarteners starting at School #5 in 2018 and after will never experience a move.
4. We believe the district has a responsibility to do what's right for the district at large and to minimize inconvenience for the majority over any particular minority interest.
5. We believe Hyer is a community, not just a physical address and that we carry all of the positive and remarkable aspects and traditions of this dynamic community with us wherever we go.