Petition for the Inclusion of Gardasil Vaccine Coverage in the USC Health Plan
The purpose of this petition is to gain support for the inclusion of coverage for the Gardasil vaccine in our student health plan!
WHY? Some quick facts:
- Human papilloma virus (HPV) is a sexually transmitted virus that can cause cervical cancer, penile and anal cancers, and genital warts.
- Condoms DO NOT provide full protection against HPV.
- Unlike other STIs, HPV CANNOT be tested for.
- Currently, Gardasil is the ONLY vaccine that protects against HPV and genital warts.
- Gardasil is NOT covered by OHIP for anyone born before or during 1993.
- The cost of this vaccine is a total of $450 (3 doses, $150 each, are required for protection).
- Officials were actually considering including coverage for this vaccine in the student health plan, but it was ultimately vetoed because it is considered a “preventative measure”.
Together, we can make a change and protect our sexual health! J
For more information on the cause, or if you attend another school and want to begin a movement among your peers, contact the admin of this group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/390484407707784/?notif_t=group_r2j