HELP PRESERVE CHAPARRAL, CATERS PARKVIEW & PARKVIEW ESTATES SUBDIVISIONS
We, the residents of Seguin, Tx., and other interested parties, are respectfully requesting, if the property now known as Seguin Golf Course is rezoned, as the city is proposing, from predevelopment to residential status, that the following limitations be put in place for any new construction of homes being built on said Seguin Golf Course property.
1. Minimum of 1/2 acre lots be used per residence.
2. Minimum base price of homes be $200,000,
3. Preserve existing pond areas for wildlife.
4. Preserve ALL trees and add additional trees to landscaping of homes..
5. Preserve and improve all existing walking paths.
6. Add lighting for walking paths.
7. Develop at least two community parks w/playground, benches and enough space for family and neighborhood gatherings.
8. Entrances for new homes built on said golf course be off 725 and through Country Club Drive ONLY!
9. Add stop lights at Austin Street and Sutherland Springs road next to the Power Plant and Dyess to help manage increased traffic.
The communities surrounding the Seguin Golf Course have enjoyed a peaceful, safe, quiet "country type" atmosphere. We walk, jog, bike ride, walk our children and pets on our streets. Our homes are well maintain with spacious yards and beautiful mature trees. Many homes back up to the existing Seguin Golf Course and have deeded access to the course and sidewalks. We would like to preserve the aesthetics of our community by being assured that any new home sites blend well with our neighborhoods. We would also like to be keep them safe from large amounts of through traffic.
Thank you for supporting our petition.