Fix the Olita Parking Mess!
The lack of clear No Parking signage around Olita Elementary School has baffled Olita parents for over a decade. This has led to numerous parking tickets for parents who are either
- Walking their children onto campus,
- Meeting with the principal or other members of the school staff, or
- Volunteering in their children's classrooms.
We the undersigned, who live or work in La Habra, or who send our children to La Habra or Lowell Joint School District schools, petition the La Habra City Council to fix the Olita Parking Mess by directing city personnel to:
1. Place No Parking signs on the western side of Briercliff Drive across from the school as a reminder of Tuesday street sweeping, just as there already are No Parking signs on the eastern side to remind drivers of Wednesday street sweeping, and
2. Dismiss and refund all parking citations related to street sweeping on the eastern and western sides of Briercliff Drive next to the school, going back to September 2005, when street sweeping tickets were first issued in the city.
This petition will be presented to the La Habra City Council during the public comment portion of its regularly scheduled 6:30 P.M. meeting on May 15, 2017.