Fair Contract Now
The last fourteen months have been one of the most challenging work periods for us as healthcare workers and our patients, and throughout that period we have all worked together to keep Chase Brexton open for the community and uplift Chase’s mission to “provide compassionate, quality health care that honors diversity, inspires wellness, and improves our community”.
We’ve achieved that by communicating with each other and recognizing the fact that many of the pandemic's hardships experienced by our patients were being felt by every employee as well. However, the respect that management has had throughout this period isn’t being shown at the bargaining table. In fact, the most recent proposal threatens to recreate many of the same problems that caused employees to join 1199SEIU in the first place. So, in order to avoid a lengthy fight, we demand that management’s next proposal reflect the following:
- A recognition by management that poor productivity is rarely the fault of any provider and more accurately reflects disparities already present in the healthcare system.
- Removal of proposals that take away admin time or schedule patients during providers’ dedicated admin time.
- Quality raises that reflect the hard work and dedication of members over the last year.
- A Dental proposal that appreciates that procedures take time, and “squeezing” in more scheduled patients will result in endangering providers’ licenses and patient safety while also creating a substandard patient experience.
- Recognizing the past agreement over Expanding Patient Access applies to growing the number of providers not saddling existing providers with unlimited new patients.
The Employees of Chase Brexton