Enforce Shirlington House Smoking Ban
The residents of Shirlington House have become frustrated by constant cigarette and marijuana smoke in the building. The hallways have regularly been filled with smoke, and some residents have smoke seeping into their apartments. Our leases specifically stipulate that this is a non-smoking building, and some residents have chosen to live here because of this. Residents regularly complain to management, but beyond email reminders of the smoking ban, we have seen little result. We request the following:
1. When residents notify the desk of overwhelming smoke in the hallway, staff should take immediate action.
2. Find strategies to address odors or ventilate hallways when they become pervaded by smoke.
3. Proceed as swiftly as legally possible to evict residents who smoke in the building.
4. Verbally notify or require the signing of an additional document regarding the smoking ban at initial lease signing or lease renewal.
5. Regularly update residents on steps being taken to improve the situation.