Please, do not forget Eritrean prisoners at this crucial time
signers. Add your name now!
signers. Almost there! Add your voice!
To: Amnesty International
East Africa Research Team
1 Easton Street
London ,WC1X 0DW, UK
Fax number: +44-20-79561157
Dear Amnesty International Researchers, Staff, and Activists:
It has recently come to our attention that Amnesty International has decided to close its files on Eritrean prisoners of conscience. We have also learned that due to the rearrangement of priorities within Amnesty International USA and others, the country of Eritrea has largely become defined as
for Human rights and refugee protection
The purpose for which the EC-HRRP is organized are:
1. To defend people at risk including
(i) Refugees who flee persecution, Victims of crimes against humanity and, Victims of mass human rights violations,
(ii) Victims of discrimination, those whose rights are eroded in the name of national security
(iii) And human rights advocates who are targeted for defending the rights of others;
2. To investigate, publicize and to undertake action focused on averting and ending grave violence of human rights;
3. To conduct or commission scientific studies and surveys in connection with human rights, organize public debates, conferences, seminars, panel discussions, symposia, all sorts of meetings and demonstrations, exhibitions and competitions;
4. To bring occasional emergency direct relief where human dignity and human rights are violated
5. To recommend, support, and assist in development of programs and seminars on human rights, socio-cultural diversity, and equal opportunity.
6. To develop and publicize a system to assist persons in seeking asylum /refugee