Darell School uniform
Darell School Governors are looking for opinion on introducing a uniform at school for the first time. We say no! We believe that:
• Darell has a very strong ethos of freedom of expression - children wearing their own clothes promotes this
• we want to encourage diversity and individuality among the pupils at Darell. Allowing children to wear their own clothes reflects this perfectly
• Darell school has a strong spirit of community and children are proud of achievements both academically, artistically and sporting. They don't need a uniform to instil a sense of belonging - and many pupils say they're proud of feeling unique without one
• accepting different clothes and styles teaches broad-mindedness and tolerance among our children
• a uniform will bring with it a whole list of new rules and regulations in policing it. The energy and passion of Darell staff and Governors would be better invested in improved attainment and behaviour amongst pupils
Please support this NO vote.