City of Deep River ATV, UTV, OHV Petition
- *To sign you must be a resident of Deep River currently*
We are aware of the State laws regarding off road vehicles. We are also aware that the City of Deep River can write their own ordinance allowing residents to ride off road vehicles on the roadways IF you are a licensed driver. This petition has 2 parts. The first section is allowing Rangers and 4 wheelers to be driven on city streets by licensed drivers.
Part two is asking for permission for children under the age of 16 to be allowed to ride in the park surrounding the ball field. Specifically Silverman park. We know there will be rules involved in allowing this and we are willing to follow them. Rules that have been suggested are as follows:
1) Helmets Reqired on any person under the age of 16.
2) Parental Supervision at all times. Not one adult watching several kids, the guardian or parent of each child that is riding needs to be present.
3) Waivers can be drawn up and signed and notarized relinquishing any liability of the city for injuries.
4) This oridinance will not permit children to ride on the city streets.
We are petitioning the council to put an ordinance in to be able to ride 4 wheelers, Rangers and other off road vehicles within the city limits as long as the vehicles are registered with a state DNR sticker and driven by, or supervised by a licensed adult. We are not asking for children to be able to ride on the road ways. We have special interest in allowing underage operators to ride around the outside of the ball diamond if the parent of that child is present and making sure they're following all safety guidelines written by the DNR. Helmets will be worn on children under the age of 16 also. Please sign if you are in support of this petition and are a current resident of Deep River, Iowa. Thank you for your support.