Citizens of Isle of Wight against Mallory Scott Farm rezoning
The undersigned below are concerned citizens against the rezoning request by the Virginia Beach based developer, Napolitano Homes, to expand their previously approved Mallory Scott Farm Development from 265 single family homes to 812 homes of mixed styles. This development runs from Gatling Point along Battery Park Road to the field in front of Wellington Estates. This will put additional strain on the local roads, schools, and emergency services in the Town of Smithfield and surrounding areas in the County. This could also lead to unknown environmental impacts to the ecosystem of the Moon Creek and Pagan River. This petition is directed at the Town Council and Planning Commission of Smithfield.
***When signing, if you reside in the county, please list your zip code in the comments box so the commission can see how many are local to the county***
What else can you do to preserve Mallory Farm?
- Attend Planning Commission meeting: June 8th at 6:30 pm at the Smithfield Center located at 220 N Church St, Smithfield, VA
- Attend the Town Council meeting: July 6th at 6:30 PM at the Smithfield Center located at 220 N Church St, Smithfield, VA
- Write an opinion piece and have it published in The Smithfield Times. Send your letter to email@example.com or call 757-357-3288
- Display NO REZONING – CONSERVE MALLORY FARM yard signs. For more information join the Conserve Mallory Farm Facebook group and/or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call or email any of the Planning Commission members and Town Council and explain how you feel about over-development. For contact info, go here: https://www.smithfieldva.gov/page/planning-commiss...
- Mallory Scott Farms project is not the only development which could change our shape’s community, there are 16 more developments in the county with an estimated of more than 5000 units.