Legalize Chickens in the City
Chicken Heaven on Earth Petition
Petition to change local laws and ordinances that prevent people from owning backyard chickens and to pass a law protecting the rights of chickens used in food production which would require the birds to be treated humanely.
Please help us legalize urban chickens!
Our goal is to encourage congress to change the laws and ordinances to make it legal for people to have chickens in their own yard that live inside city limits and to protect hens and male baby chicks abused in commercial egg production.
Benefits of raising urban Chickens:
1. Make great pets
2. Do not have to worry about getting salmonella from store bought eggs
3. Fresh eggs are better for you
4. Save cities thousands of dollars in waste management costs yearly
5. Eat Insects
5. Rodent control
6. High nitrogen manure is great for gardens and lawns very organic with no odor
7. Low maintenance
Benefits of Protecting hens used in commercial egg production
1. Free range hens produce healthier eggs
2. Have less chances for disease and sickness due to housing in small battery cages.
3. Birds used in food production would be treated humanely
4. Male baby chicks would be treated humanly
5. There would be no more battery cages, forced starving, abuse of hens and male chicks.
Please sign our petition to protect the rights of citizens who wish to raise backyard chickens and to protect the rights of birds and other animals used in food protection by treating them humanely.
The more signatures we get on our petition the better chances we will have.
Will you please sign our petition?
Chicken Heaven on Earth http://chickenheavenonearth.weebly.com/
Farm Bill 2012 did not pass which would require the humane treatment of hens used in commercial egg production. http://chickenheavenonearth.weebly.com/news.html
Humane society of the U.S. easy forms to Tell congress you care about Hens: