Bolani Trademark Invalidation
74 people have signed this petition. Add your name now!
74 people have signed. Add your voice!
Maxine K. signed just now
Adam B. signed just now
We are asking you to assist in stopping East West Gourmet Foods, Inc. from defrauding the public. They claim their registered trademark "Bolani" means no one but them can sell Bolani marked as Bolani or sell anything used with Bolani marked as a Bolani related product. To stop them from doing this, we have to tell the Trademark Office of the improper acts by East West Gourmet Foods, and we have to make sure the Trademark Office understands what Bolani is (since apparently neither East West Gourmet Foods nor the Trademark Office really know what Bolani is).
By Signing this petition you are expressing the following facts about Bolani and Bolani related products...
To the best of my knowledge, Bolani refers to filled bread. Bolani is usually filled with seasoned potatoes, chives/leeks, pumpkin, lentils, spinach, or sweet potatoes. Bolani is served with either plain and or seasoned yogurt sauce, garlic/mint kefir cheese and chutney (cilantro/pesto mint sauce).
I have seen the following products marked as Bolani sold by a company other than East West Gourmet Foods, Inc or recipes for Bolani or products marked for use with Bolani.
- Potato Bolani (bolani filled with seasoned potatoes, green onions, onions, spices)
- Leeks/Chives Bolani (bolani filled with seasoned leeks/chives)
- Pumpkin Bolani (bolani filled with seasoned pumpkin)
- Lentil Bolani (bolani filled with seasoned/cooked lentils)
- Spinach Bolani (bolani filled with seasoned spinach, onions, spices)
- Chutney (cilantro/pesto mint sauce)
- Garlic & Mint Cheese Sauce/Dip
- Plain/Seasoned Yogurt Sauce/Dip
All Restaurants selling Bolani, All supermarkets, all wholesaler of Afghan food products, all international grocery stores selling Bolani.