Arts District Hyattsville Parking Solution
44 people have signed this petition. Add your name now!
44 people have signed. Add your voice!
Maxine K. signed just now
Adam B. signed just now
We the undersigned support the addition of parking spaces in the Arts District Hyattsville, to restore most of what was previously available and the quantity of spots that was understood to be available when we purchased our homes from EYA. Specifically, we:
1. Support making 44th Street between Kennedy Street and Longfellow Street a "One-Way" street Northbound.
2. Support making Lustine Street, between 44th Avenue and Kennedy Street a "One-Way" street Westbound and Southbound.
3. Support the removal of all parking space paint throughout the entire Arts District development, even though the map provided by the Homeowners in their letter on May 23, 2011 inexplicably only addresses this being done on two streets.
4. Support the removal of No Parking Signs (i.e. additional parking) on 44th Avenue on the West side of the street.
5. Support the addition of parking, and removal of No Parking Signs, on Lustine Street Southbound on the East side of the street, adjacent to the courtyard, between the two garage access roads. (This is not reflected on the map distributed on May 23, 2011, but is the only logical reason to make Lustine "one-way", which is obviously unnecessary without the addition of these spaces.)
6. Support the addition and removal of all parking and traffic signs, including stop signs at the corner of Longfellow Street and 44th Avenue as reflected on the map distributed by the homeowners board on May 23, 2011.
7. Support the modest costs of making these changes, as related in the letter from the homeowners board on May 23, 2011.
We the undersigned, also flatly reject any attempts, as described in Option #2 in the Homeowner's Board letter on May 23, 2011, to eliminate all on-street parking for Homeowners.
We trust the Homeowner's Board and EYA will take our views into full consideration.