Adopt Changes to the Green Code for the Elmwood Village
I support the recommendations in the Comments made by Council Member Feroleto's Working Group on the Green Code in the Elmwood Village including:
1. Making sure the Common Council has a say in major developments in the Elmwood Village.
2. Limiting business district buildings to 3 stories.
3. Setting a maximum of 2,500 square feet for commercial businesses, as currently required.
4. Providing additional attention to the serious issue of parking.
5. Prohibiting large apartment buildings which would be inconsistent with the neighboring homes on residential streets.
6. Protecting historic buildings and homes from demolition.
7. Encouraging economic development in other neighborhoods of the city, not only the Elmwood Village.