Zoom for all CSC BOD Open Meetings
Two years of dealing with the pandemic have forced most of us into learning how to navigate digital meeting platforms. Many of us have become comfortable with the Zoom platform in particular and it has some distinct advantages. While not advocating that all meetings be held on digital platforms, we the undersigned would appreciate the Board adding a Zoom/virtual component to our monthly meetings for many reasons, including:
- Members may attend and participate even when away from home
- Members with small children may attend without arranging for a babysitter
- Mealtimes need not be disrupted; participants can simply turn off the video.
- Members with disabilities may attend without the extra burden of an in-person meeting, especially in cold or hazardous weather
- Members and BOD avoid having to leave home in bad weather - including our manager and other staff who do not live on property and would otherwise have to drive
- Members may attend who would like to observe, but have personal reasons for not coming to an in-person meeting
- And most importantly members avoid having to endure possible exposure to Covid 19, influenza and other respiratory diseases at the height of transmission season or surges (Please note that our membership includes the elderly, members with co-morbidities and compromised immune systems that put them at higher risk for many infectious disease)
Taking into consideration the needs of all members creates inclusivity and enables a stronger community where more voices are heard.