Utilities Inc of Florida Rate Increases
Please sign this petition to help bring awareness to the continuous rate increases Utilities Inc has done to Seminole county residents.
Petition Statement of Purpose
Docket No. 20200139-WS
The undersigned hereby notify the Florida Public Service Commission (“FPSC”) that:
1. It is understood Utility, Inc., intends to raise the cost of one gallon of water by approximately 3 cents (approximately 166%)
2. This anticipated increase will present an undue hardship and impose a substantial economic burden to the residents of Utility Inc.’s service area in Seminole County.
3. The FPSC should reject any permanent or temporary increase in the cost of water for at least one year from February 4, 2021.
4. By February 4, 2022, the FPSC should conduct – or cause to be conducted – a study to determine whether any increase in the cost of water in the petition area is reasonable based on the study and, if so, to further determine what may be a reasonable increase in the cost of water; and
5. The FPSC should not permit or otherwise institute an increase in the cost of water – at the request of Utility, Inc., or any other party (including the FPSC itself) until such study is conducted and the results of such study are presented and explained to the residents to be impacted by any contemplated cost in increasing the cost of water.