Support for University of California Librarians
Support University of California Librarians
Did you know… The UC Libraries devote well under half their budgets to library collections and Librarian salaries?
Did you know... Librarians are tireless advocates for students and faculty, but find their academic freedom under threat?
Did you know... UC Administrators and Faculty earn far more than their counterparts in the CSU and CC systems, but UC Librarians earn far less?
SUPPORT YOUR LIBRARIANS SO THEY CAN BETTER SUPPORT YOU
BARGAINING BEGINS April 17, 2018
- Salary parity with other public universities and peer institutions
- Recognition of librarians’ academic freedom and right to copyright ownership
- Recognition of librarians’ right to advance via meaningful peer review
- The right to sabbatical leave
- The right of access to faculty housing programs
- Adequate professional development funding
If you wish please include any of these categories: union, academic affiliation, student, etc.