THE PEACE PLAN
THIS IS NOT A PETITION, BUT AN INVITATION
TO SUPPORT THE PEACE PLAN
Peace Plan Support
Metropolitan Atlanta Violence Prevention Partnership (MAVPP)
21st Century Nonviolence Movement
Attention Violence Prevention Pioneers
Many of us were not involved in the 1960s when Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. led the groundbreaking nonviolence movement, but scores of us have benefited from his work. Now is your chance to be involved in preventing violence in the 21st Century. A new opportunity is now before us to create a legacy and turn the tide of violence for our children and our children’s children.
· What is the Peace Plan? It is a three-part approach that uses science and innovation to promote peace.
· Youth-led activities
· Age-based strategies
· People pulling together
· What area does the Peace Plan target? Six core Atlanta counties and then all of Georgia.
· Why does the Peace Plan exist? To prevent harm and save lives by creating a long-term, credible road map for
· Who does the Peace Plan seek to serve? Youth are the core and everyone else benefits—rich, poor, black, white, yellow, brown, and others?
· How does the Peace Plan prevent violence? It encourages people to use tactics that we already know stop violence.
· How will Peace Plan organizers link the Peace Plan with the King Memorial unveiling: The MAVPP Peace Plan will be dedicated to Dr. King’s memory as THE 21st Century violence prevention initiative.
· What do we need from you? Your support. Check the box below: “I support the Peace Plan.”
Is there a cause you really care about? Start a free petition like this one and make a real difference.
11 months agoMichael Badger United States11 months ago
5 years agoDebra Poss United States5 years ago
5 years agoThomas W. Demerritte United States5 years ago
5 years agoVictoria Helmly United States5 years ago
6 years agoKatrina Lay United States6 years ago
6 years agoCaroline Baisden Terry United States6 years ago
6 years agoMegan Middleton United States6 years ago
6 years agoWyleatha Amediku United States6 years ago
6 years agoThera Watson United States6 years ago
6 years agoCara Person United States6 years ago
6 years agoBrenda Rogers United States6 years ago
6 years agoMarquis United States6 years ago
6 years agoAntoine Jelks United States6 years ago
6 years agoAidy Mayen United States6 years ago
6 years agoRonnie Martin United States6 years ago