Ask SDEA President Bill Freeman and the SDEA Board to take the
Five-Point Pledge for SDEA
We, the SDEA Board, pledge the following:
1. We will not open our SDEA union contract. This includes any “side deal” that would change our contractual pay or benefits.
2. We will immediately adopt and demand that the District implement the Breakfast Club Action Group’s “Three-Step Plan to No Layoffs, No Concessions”, or launch an equally viable organizing plan to win back every single one of the 1,534 laid off educators without concessions, as we have before.
3. We will hit the ground running with a democratic and aggressive bargaining campaign to secure a strong contract when this one expires at the end of next year.
4. We will halt all efforts to discourage debate within our democratic union, including changing the SDEA Bylaws to sanction members of “subversive” groups.
5. We will bring back SDEA Executive Director Craig Leedham to support our membership in achieving these goals, as he has successfully done over the past five years.
Ask SDUSD President John Lee Evans and the SDUSD Board to take the
Five-Point Pledge for SDUSD
We, the SDUSD Board, pledge the following:
1. We will honor the three-year contract that we negotiated with our employees, just as we honor all other contracts we sign.
2. We will immediately adopt and implement the Breakfast Club Action Group’s “Three-Step Plan to No Layoffs, No Concessions”, and will immediately bring back every single one of the 1,534 educators we have laid off.
3. We will aggressively eliminate waste throughout our District. No school should have an Area Superintendent instead of a school library, or a nurse, or a counselor, or clean facilities, or enough people to answer the phone when it rings.
4. We will stop telling the public that our District is going insolvent. We are not going insolvent, and claiming that we are as a scare tactic does nothing but adversely impact our interest rates and make our fiscal situation worse, not better.
5. We will direct our efforts toward ensuring that the November 6 ballot initiative to adequately fund our schools passes.
Only full names with a school site will be included when the petition is submitted. Your contact information will not be shared. You can specify that you'd like your name to appear as "anonymous" until the final version of the petition is downloaded for submission.