FAU Students Against a Nuclear Iran
We the students of Florida Atlantic University are signing this document to show that we disapprove of the nuclear deal that was made between the P5+1 and Iran. This deal does not block Iran’s path to a nuclear weapon instead it hands it to them in just 5 years. Show Congress that they must vote NO on this deal. No deal is better then a BAD deal. 5 requirements for a GOOD deal:
- Inspections and Verification- Under this deal Iran has said no military sites can be searched and inspections can take 24 plus days. Iran has deca.des long in history of cheating on international obligations and suggests that they would only continue their nuclear weapons program.
- Possible Military Dimensions- A good deal must require Iran to come clean on all of its prior nuclear work, such as developing triggers for a nuclear weapon.
- Sanctions- To be sure to get a good deal sanctions should be relieved in phases and only after Iran complies with the deal for an extended period of time. This current deal relieves sanctions too quickly.
- Duration- Iran's nuclear weapons quest must be blocked for decades, not just 5-8 years. A deal must restrict Iran's nuclear capabilities until it demonstrates compliance.
- Dismantlement- Iran must dismantle its nuclear infrastructure so it has no path to a nuclear weapon. This deal leaves it in its place.
It is for these reasons that we the students of FAU are against this current deal and feel that in order to prevent Iran from getting gaining nuclear capabilities we need a better deal. This is not only for the sake of one of our closest allies Israel, but also for the safety of us as Americans. After signing this we also urge you all to reach out to our member member of Congress Lois Frankel to vote NO on this BAD deal and to reach out to our local Congressmen Ted Deutch to thank him for his leadership in pledging to vote NO on this agreement.
The Students of Florida Atlantic University