Stop Stroller Close Development - Part 3
STOP STROLLER CLOSE DEVELOPMENT PART 3 – THE FIGHT STILL GOES ON!!
THIS AFFECTS ALL RESIDENTS OF OUR QUIET CUL-DE-SAC ESTATE. WE MUST STOP THE OVER-DEVELOPMENT OF OUR LOCAL COMMUNITY.
PLEASE DO NOT IGNORE! PLEASE SHARE WITH EVERYONE YOU KNOW.
Planning Application: 17/00942/FULD (Previous applications 16/02044/FULD & 16/03473/FULD)
Re: Proposed development of two Bungalows at the rear of 258 & 260 Benham Hill, Thatcham ACCESSED FROM STROLLER CLOSE.
Following our previous TWO efforts to prevent the over development of our quiet cul-de-sac estate and the subsequent withdrawal of BOTH planning applications –THE DEVELOPERS ARE BACK AGAIN FOR A THIRD TIME with yet another revised application to build two bungalows in the back gardens of properties that are not part of our existing estate but are proposing to access these new buildings via STROLLER CLOSE a quiet but heavily congested cul-de-sac within our estate thus having no impact on the greedy landowner or developer but having an immensely detrimental impact on the quality of life of the residents of Stroller Close and the wider estate.
Many residents have raised their objection to this development on the West Berks Council planning website highlighting the following concerns:
- Loss of parking amenity for existing residents
- Increased traffic through the estate
- Increased parking on adjacent roads, blind corners, verges, pavements and opposite driveways
- Additional vehicles parking in the estate
- Refuse collection access RESTRICTED
- Emergency vehicle access RESTRICTED
- Impact on residents quality of life and the enjoyment of their homes and surrounding area
- Over development of the estate
- Increased risk to safety and wellbeing of children, elderly and others due to increased traffic flow and dangerous parking
- Residents already having to convert front gardens into parking due to current volume of vehicles and inadequate on street parking
Please take the time to register your objection to this development with the council at:
Please also show your support by signing our NEW petition to help us stop the over development of the area and to send yet another message to these ‘I’m alright Jack’ landowners and greedy developers.
We really do need your support yet again to show these people that our concerns are genuine and that we will not be ignored!
To sign the petition online go to: