STOP REMOVAL OF LEGALLY PROTECTED SYCAMORE TREES ON BONHILL AND WALTHER WAY
There are three sycamore trees on the corner of Bonhill Rd. and Walther Way in Los Angeles, CA 90049 which are under consideration for immediate removal by a private contractor. However, these three trees are protected by city LAW and we are vehemently opposed to their removal.
- MOST IMPORTANTLY SYCAMORE TREES are protected by LAW.
- Because of their scale, prominence to the skyline, removing the trees would be a major loss to the character and beauty of the neighborhood landscape
- The trees are a prominent existing landmark to the street.
- The removal would significantly change bucolic character of the neighborhood, i.e, the natural wooded look and character.
- Compatibility, height, scale, bucolic compatibility, character of the neighborhood, significance to the skyline are key words.
- The contractors say they will be replacing with 12 small trees, but we are interested in the character and prominence that these beautiful trees which add to the skyline and the new trees that they are suggesting as replacements are ONLY guaranteed for 3 years and do not add to the skyline.
Special thanks to Samantha and Miki Sachs! Thank you so much for your support!