STOP BARs and HOOKAHs in Aliana!
We, the undersigned residents of Aliana, are in opposition to the existing and proposed Alcohol Bar and Hookah places in one of the main entrances of Aliana. Over the past year, more and more bars and liquor stores have opened in this area. Residents have been protesting the issuance of these licenses to Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission (TABC), Fort bend County officials without much success. The Homeowner Association (HOA) has not listened to the residents’ concerns and has not taken any steps to remedy this situation. These establishments came into existence since the Aliana Developer controlled board for the Commercial Owners Association (COA) relaxed bylaws to permit these types of business in certain tracts of Aliana and we do not know how many more will come up in other parts of Aliana. We urge Aliana COA and HOA to take immediate actions to amend the rules and support the welfare of Aliana residents.
The existing bars are creating a negative impact in our area including but not limited to:
1. LATE NIGHT SAFETY INCIDENTS – Aliana residents witnessed many fights between bar customers late-night, these are creating safety concerns over the last 5 to 6 months. These liquor stores will attract foot traffic that may wander into our community and increase the probability of break-ins and muggings. Police reports have indicated that a substantial amount of crime is happening already in Aliana, and we do not want to create more opportunities by allowing more and more bars in this area.
2. LATE NIGHT NOISE POLLUTION - Aliana residents are being disturbed by the loud late-night music played by these bars. There were multiple incidents wherein loud music was played during working days in front of the existing bar.
3. BARS NEAR RESIDENCE – The existing bars are very close, within 50 feet from many residences which are already causing privacy issues and many residents lost their sleep many days in the past 6 months.
4. BARS AND HOOKAH NEAR SCHOOL – The existing bar and proposed Hookah bar are within 300 feet from the school which will create problems for the children attending the school. This is just the first of what we are seeing. We can very well expect things like a massage parlor, smoke shops in the future. Do we want our children to be exposed to these?
5. ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACTS AND HEALTH CONCERNS - In addition to the various pollution caused by the existing bar, the proposed Hookah with patio arrangements will cause more health and safety problems to residents living nearby.
This is not the kind of community we thought we were buying into when we purchased our homes. If all these bars are allowed to proceed and restrictions are not made to allow similar businesses to be added in other remaining lots, it will be a matter of time before we see violence and fights in this family-friendly neighborhood. This will also impact the property values of our homes and deter future buyers as we move out. Please sign this petition and urge your friends, and neighbors also to sign and support this effort to STOP BARs and HOOKAHs in Aliana. Only one member of the family needs to sign the petition and it just asks for your name, number of household residents, email, and Section Name.