Urge President Buhari to listen & Adapt the six (6) recommendations of Governor Zulum on Security
Since the emergence of Boko Haram insurgency in 2009, it has lead to the death of hundreds of thousand and loss of property worth billions of naira. One among the uncountable attacks and destructions in Nigeria is the recent massacre of farmers in Zabarmari, Borno State.
Following the incidence that leads to the death of over 40 farmers in Zabarmari. The Borno State Governor, Professor Babagana Umara Zulum listed six (6) recommendations for consideration by President Muhammadu Buhari in response to the heightening Boko Haram crisis in the northeast. They are to;
- Ensure immediate recruitment of Borno youth into the armed forces to supplement the military;
- Ensure the engagement of services of neighbours, Chad, Niger and Cameroon in clearing the remnants of the insurgents along the shores of Lake Chad;
- Engage the services of mercenaries to clear Sambisa game reserve;
- Provide mine-resistant armoured carriers and other equipment to the military and paramilitary;
- Support the state government in the repatriation of refugees in Niger and Cameroon; and
- Increase the means of livelihood to the people of Borno.
Kindly sign and share! Let’s get the highest number of signatures possible and take this petition to President, Muhammadu Buhari, GCFR.
This will help improve the security of lives and property, not only in the northeast but also in other parts of the country.