SIGN OUR PETITION TO CONDUCT A DOG-CATCHING OPERATION IN BRGY. LAYON, LIGAO CITY
BE A RESPONSIBLE PET OWNER AND BE A CARING NEIGHBOR!
WE ALL DESERVE A SAFE COMMUNITY!
February 11, 2022 around 7 in the evening, my mother who is 57 years old was attacked by 6 dogs in front of our house and suffered from severe wounds due to the incident. The dogs were owned by a Brgy. Kagawad from our community who is a care-taker of a property few blocks away from our home. Due to this incident, I realized that responsible ownership of pets in our Barangay is not taken seriously by our residents. We also own a few dogs but we make sure that they are properly caged and leashed within our property and not letting them roam around in public areas.
In light with this, I am writing this online petition to request a STRAY DOG CATCHING OPERATION IN BRGY. LAYON, LIGAO CITY to protect the lives of our community and to teach our citizens how to be a responsible owner. Once I have gathered at least 100 signatures I will write a letter to our Barangay office to file a formal request. I have coordinated with a VET office who has trained personnels who can conduct the operation professionaly. If within 6 months there has been no action or any update regarding our request from our Barangay Officials, I will raise this matter to the higher management of the City Government of Ligao.
Help me by adding your name and educate people about responsible pet ownership. For all the residents of Brgy. Layon, Ligao City please sign our petition today to help protect our community to have a better and safe place for our family and future children.
Thank you and God bless our community!
The Animal Protection and Council Office (APCO) was created by virtue of Ordinance No. 156, Series of 1996. The main task is to eradicate stray animals; to provide protection against the spread of deadly rabies caused by animal bites, particularly dogs; and to control excessive breeding of dogs by irresponsible pet owners, causing animals to become stray which poses a health risk to humans.
People's Education and Awareness (Responsible Pet Ownership)
- Proper animal hygiene and handling.
- Dealing with an aggressive and dangerous dog.
- Control of animal-borne diseases.
- Control and prevention of stray dogs.
You, Your Pet And The Law
- ORDINANCE NO. 165 S-2001 imposes a penalty on owners of animals which cause injury or damage to people or property.
- ORDINANCE NO. 13 S-97 bans owning animals in settlement or resettlement areas.
- ORDINANCE NO. 13 S-95 prohibits dog owners from taking out their pets to urinate and defecate on streets and sidewalks.
- ORDINANCE NO. 17 S-94 prohibits the slaughter of dogs, sale and/or transport of its meat in the city and provides penalties on violators.
- ORDINANCE NO. 129 S-93 prohibits stray animals in public places in the city.