Remove Power Lines and Pylons from Residential Areas
141 people have signed this petition. Add your name now!
141 people have signed. Add your voice!
Maxine K. signed just now
Adam B. signed just now
We, the signatories, hereby petition National Grid and its regional operator CE Electric UK to work with Newcastle City Council to develop a plan, with clearly defined time scales, for the removal of the section of power lines and associated pylons that run through or very close to the residential areas of Abbey Farm, Chapel House, Chapel Park and St Johns - Newcastle Upon Tyne.
Pylons have no place in a residential area. They bring with them many issues, such as;
- Public health concerns including links to cancer and uncertainties around long term exposure to EMF
- Increased risk of electric shock where children play
- Injury risk from falling ice during cold weather
- Increased bird activity leading to more droppings
- Noise pollution from constant buzzing and crackling
- Unsightly, imposing structures, not in keeping with the look and feel of a residential area
Cables should be moved underground or re-routed away from our residential areas.
It can be done and has been done. National Grid's south eastern regional operator EDF Energy have recently removed pylons and moved cables underground in a 1.2km section of a residential part of West Sussex. This is exactly what we require.
[Signing the petition is completely free. Please ignore any request for donation as this is for the up keep of the website and nothing to do with the campaign]