NO More Liquor Licenses without CITY Services
86 people have signed this petition. Add your name now!
86 people have signed. Add your voice!
Maxine K. signed just now
Adam B. signed just now
As members of the Saint Claude/Bywater neighborhood, we are petitioning in reference to the application for a license to sell liquor at the proposed gas station and service mart located at the suggested address of 4401 N. Robertson Street in the Upper Ninth Ward. As a neighborhood we are OPPOSED to this establishment due to concerns regarding:
- Traffic Safety Concerns due to the fact that this is highly congested intersection to begin with, and an added establishment would cause and create more traffic accidents and further traffic congestion. Additionally, the safety of BIKERS and PEDESTRIANS who are wishing to utilize the main walkways as well as gain access to the post-office adjacent to the proposed building site. This area are put into jeopardy by allowing an establishment to congest the road way due to the volume of automobile users attempting to access the gas station entrance.
- Liquor sales in an area which is already highly saturated with establishments that already sell liquor and convenience store items. There is a convenience store that sells liquor and quick service items already located 2 blocks away from the proposed site. There is also a gas station 3 blocks away from the proposed site on the other side of the Claiborne bridge. There is no need to add any more of these business establishments to a highly residential area that wishes to maintain its quite residential nature.
- Light and Noise pollution will vastly affect the residential inhabitants of the neighborhood which have worked tirelessly to create a child friendly, safe, and quiet space.
- Litter from this establishment in a residential neighborhood which is already struggling with an abundance of trash on a regular basis.
- Public Safety Concerns regarding loitering, drug and alcohol, and crime occurrences happening in a highly residential quiet neighborhood.
We request a dis-continuance of permitting and licensure to the proposed liquor license application located at the building site of 4401 N. Robertson due to the opposition of neighborhood constituents who highly reject this proposed addition to our peaceful area of the Upper Ninth Ward.