Reject the Proposed Lime Ridge Open Space FLOW Trails
Please see our new petition at: https://www.change.org/p/protect-our-open-spaces-w...
We, the undersigned residents of Walnut Creek and Concord California strongly oppose the Walnut Creek Park, Recreation and Open Space Commission's newly proposed trail expansion project, known as the Lime Ridge Open Space Trail Expansion. The plan calls for Mountain Bike FLOW trails to be built. A FLOW trail does not align with the goal of Lime Ridge Open Space to Preserve our hills. We object to the Flow trail due to the following negative impacts such a proposed expansion will have on the community :
- Increased Environmental Impact and Hill Erosion
- Increased number of Mountain Bikers coming to Lime Ridge
- Increased Traffic Congestion on Arbolado Drive and Valley Vista Road
- Increased Risk of Fire and decreased Risk of Fire Response Ability
- Increased Noise and Disturbance to residents
- Decreased Privacy for residents
- Decreased Capacity for Hikers and Equestrian Users
We further call on the PROS Commission and the city of Walnut Creek to meet with homeowners and community members to embrace alternative plans that would consider the environment as well as the privacy and safety of the homes that are adjacent to Lime Ridge. We ask the PROS commission and the City Council of Walnut Creek to protect our Open Space!
This petition was created by residents of Walnut Creek that wish to preserve and protect our open space. Who want our city to abide by the principles outlined when the open space was purchased by the taxpayers of Walnut Creek.
Please join the Facebook group "Preserve our Open Space" or the Nextdoor group "Protect Lime Ridge Open Space" to stay up to date on what is happening!
** YOUR EMAIL AND PHYSICAL ADDRESSES ON THIS PETITION WILL NOT BE VISIBLE