Reintegrate Bali Eco Stay on Booking.com
Dear Gillian Tans, CEO of Booking.com,
We write to you in order to get your clemency and get you to reintegrate the resort BALI ECO STAY on your website, booking.com.
Bali Eco Stay got blocked from your website a few months ago. The reason: they let a blogger use their backend to show how to improve a listing on Booking.com. The video was showing to hotel owners and managers tips on how to boost their listings, improve it and navigate through the tool. The aim was educational and was shared only among eco properties in Bali. But the video was public and apparently showing the backend of booking.com was not authorized.
Without a warning or letting Bali Eco Stay owner explain the situation, your team decided to block the property from booking.com.
At no point the intention was to criticize booking.com and the owner of Bali Eco Stay and the blogger had no idea it was not authorized.
Now, as Bali Eco Stay was heavily relying on booking.com to fill their rooms, they are facing a critical financial situation which potentially could lead to many employees losing their jobs if the property cannot bounce back.
Bali Eco Stay is one of the main supporter of the responsible tourism scene in Bali.
These are some of their actions they initiated to support the community:
- They took part in the creation of www.refillmybottle.com the map of water stations aiming at reducing plastic bottles
- They collect rubbish at their cost from the surrounding 6 villages and truck it to the local landfill for recycling.
- They built a library at the local school and teach English, dance and traditional music.
- They fund road maintenance projects in the area,
- They fund local sports teams.
We hope you will agree to reconsider your decision and decide that six months of ban is plenty as a punishment - we urge you to reintegrate Bali Eco Stay on your website,
With love from Bali
All the mindful businesses of Bali.