Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - Compost
April 22, 2012
We, the undersigned, seek the support and assistance of our elected officials and decision makers to help expand composting in our communities. Composting helps in the following ways:
1. It reduces our use of fossil fuels. Unfortunately we are
using these fuels to process and haul organic waste from
the household to the landfill.
2. It helps reduce the unnecessary use of fertilizers. The
decomposition of plant and kitchen waste can help support
and maintain healthy plant life on our own properties. This
in turn can help assist our animal life.
3. It reduces the use of valuable landfill space. Any tax
savings could be reallocated to other urgent needs.
1. Elected officials and decision makers to provide support
for composting by personally experiencing the benefits of
composting in their own backyards.
2. Expanded study of the benefits of composting in all K-12
3. Public service announcements through all media outlets
raising public awareness of the the benefits of composting
to our environment.
Elected officials and decision makers require signatures and contact information to be verified. Please do not use the Facebook option to sign this petition. We will contact you in a followup email to reconfirm your support for the environment and this petition.