Petition for vegetarian and vegan meal options at the Science Park food court
Please, sign this petition, if you believe that the food canteen at Science Park Amsterdam should provide a greater choice of vegetarian and vegan (dairy and egg free) options at every meal time:
- more variety of salads and extras(tofu, seeds, nuts, berries, mushrooms,cold-pressed olive oil, ...),
- vegetarian and vegan soup options,
- vegetarian pizzas,
- vegetarian and cheese-free sandwiches (hummus, tahini, paneer, tofu, ...),
- vegetarian sausages, hot-dogs and burgers,
- vegetarian and vegan hot meals (grilled vegetables, tofu, paneer,baked courgette, baked/grilled potato dishes...),
- soya/nut milk products ("yogurts", "milks", "cheese", "spreads", ...)
Many of you probably have decided to lower your consumption of animal products for many reasons including: ethical (animal welfare), religious (observance of certain dietary requirements), environmental (reducing such things as pollution and habitat loss) or health and dietary (cholesterol-free diets, intolerance to dairy products, ...).We believe that the lack of provision of such options by the UvA canteen makes it hard for many of us to meet our ideals, our moral and ethical standards, beliefs or simply health and dietary concerns. Moreover, we believe that increasing the amount of vegetarian and vegan options available at every meal time will increase the number of people dining at the Science Park canteen; as many choose not to eat there for this very reason.
Please sign, if you want this happen!