Petition for Change in Bacon's College Admissions Policy
We, the undersigned, believe it is vital that Bacon's College change it's admissions policy to include the following criteria:
- sibling policy
- the introduction of feeder schools from local primary schools.
Our key reasons for this request are:
1. The school would better serve the educational requirements of the growing immediate local area for which Bacon's College is the only local secondary school.
2. The school would benefit greatly from the diversity of the immediate multi-cultural local area.
3. It would allow the school to build even better relationships with local primary schools and local residents.
4. It would bring the school in line with the admissions policies of other Southwark secondary schools. This is vital since most London secondary schools utilise local residency as a citerion, thus placing students in this catchment area at a severe disadvantage.
5. It would provide a fairer entrance system for local residents.