Urgent request to ORCSD School Board regarding High School Principal
This petition is served with the respect afforded the elected Board in whose decisions we have placed our trust. The undersigned voters, in a clear and unified voice, register our disapproval of the Board’s decision to reject the nominated candidate for high school principal. The actions of the Board in this matter appear contrary to the established policies and the Code of Ethics currently on record.
1. Your vote in the selection process is contrary to the best interests of all children in this district, through the denial of a much needed and much desired high school principal.
2. The Selection Committee and the Superintendent successfully solicited, screened, vetted and recommended a suitable and acceptable candidate for high school principal. This recommendation has been dismissed with conflicting rationale.**
3. The most significant rationale provided was budgetary concerns. Budget discussions are required to be deliberated in a public forum, and are a separate and distinct issue from the selection process.
1. Strongly urge you to reconsider your decision and vote again.
2. Strongly urge you to provide a comprehensive plan that engenders our trust. The plan must include a committment to finding a permanent principal.
3. Strongly urge you to reaffirm your adherence to the established policies and the Code of Ethics currently on record, with recognition that you are accountable to these.