No Lake Road Liquor Store!
Dear Alcohol Beverage Control Board & Dillingham City Council,
I am writing to express my opposition to the transfer of the Olson Liquor license (#2787 DBA, Olson's Liquor Store) from the Willow Tree to the primarily residential location on Aleknagik Lake Rd and Raspberry Rd. My reasons for opposition include:
- Concerns of increased crime.
- Concerns of increased injuries including those resulting from being intoxicated while driving vehicles & snowmachines.
- Concerns of negative impact on time demands, and expense for law enforcement due to this proposed additional liquor store location and distance from police station.
- Concerns of negative impact on dry villages of Manokotak, Togiak, and Twin Hills due to close access to the main snow machine trail. Bootlegging will be difficult to monitor by law enforcement.
- Concerns of increased demand and expense for city and volunteer services such as ambulance crew, search and rescue crews.
- Concerns of lowered property values in the primarily residential neighborhood surrounding the proposed liquor store.
- Concern of precedent for a liquor store to be established in any residential area with the above listed possible significant negative impact.
Please do not approve the transfer of the license!