No Child for Sale - To End Domestic Minor Sex Trafficking
Domestic Minor Sex Trafficking happens. Children's bodies are sold for the pleasure of others. Whether this is over the internet or in person, the crime is traumatic, evil, and ruins lives.
In Ohio, where this pledge originates, there were over 4,000 youth that suspected of being trafficked in 2018.
You can become educated, and by doing so, become a prevention agent. Will you sign the promise to ensure that No Child will ever be for Sale?
By signing the promise below, I commit to:
- Be aware that domestic minor sex trafficking is a crime that is real, happens in my country and community, causes irreparable harm, and needs to be prevented.
- Act to become more knowledgeable about the impacts and effects of child sex trafficking on the youth in my community.
- Learn the local resources in my community to combat domestic minor sex trafficking, as well as resources available to help youth recover from the trauma.
- Monitor screen time, passwords,conversations, and apps that are on my child's phone and computer, as I understand perpetrators use online tools to entice youth.
- Engage with youth in my life in healthy adult-child relationships that in no way pressure, glorify, or promote using sex or pleasuring others sexually for my personal profit or gain.
- Listen to understand and not judge when youth are talking with me about their experiences. If I am concerned that trafficking may have occurred, I will stand up and report it to the local authorities and use the knowledge I have gained about the resources available to connect the youth with services.
- Abstain from buying sex and watching pornographic imagery that may contain youth, or condoning this behavior among others.
- Volunteer to help organizations in my community with preventing youth sex trafficking.
- Share this pledge and educational resources with others as I learn to make a difference.
This pledge has been started by Gracehaven (www.gracehaven.me). We stand committed to ending the scourge of domestic minor sex trafficking, and helping those that have been impacted by it heal.