Joelle Hansbury 0

S1820 Issue restricted driver’s licenses to suspended drivers

26 people have signed this petition. Add your name now!
Joelle Hansbury 0 Comments
26 people have signed. Add your voice!
Maxine K. signed just now
Adam B. signed just now

As some of you may know my husband lost his license for 10 years due to DUI, and if you know my husband you know he is loving, caring man that has turned his life around in a huge way. Without a license my husband and other suspended drivers are unable to obtain a decent, stable job and have to settle for minimum wage. After alot of job searches for my husband I have found 98% of the ones he has experience in and pay decent require a DL and the other 2% are $7.50hr jobs which we all know in this world cannot support a family. I have taken the time to address my husbands situation with Senator Shirley Turner who replied to me she has sponsored a bill to allow Suspended Drivers to obtain a RESTRICTED license, which would allow them to only drive to and from work or school. She has submitted this bill to Chair of the Senate Law & Public Safety Committee in hopes of approval. This would open a whole new door for either the unemployed without a license or the suspended drivers to be able to obtain a good paying job to be financially secure, both for themselves and their families. This petition will be mailed to Chair of the Senate Law & Public Safety Committee by November 6, 2011. If you support our efforts for Suspended Drivers to Obtain a Restricted License please add your signature below. Thank you, Joelle Hansbury


Share for Success