The "dictatorial regime" of Methodios & Barbas needs to end.
ATTENTION: EVERYONE OF NEW ENGLAND AND BEYOND.
It is time to replace or transfer the Metropolitan Methodios of Boston/New England and his Chancellor Father Ted Barbas. The Greek Orthodox Community of New England and beyond need to unite, and with one voice be heard at this year’s 44th Biennial Clergy-Laity Congress, that will be held in Boston, July 1 to 5, 2018.
Metropolitan Methodios and Father Ted have bullied the parishes of New England for too long. They are stubborn, arrogant, and ignore the parishes of New England & beyond! So many parishes have been torn apart and destroyed over money and controversies that they have created:
- In 1994 Methodios was officially reprimanded by the Patriarchate through a synodal decision for his "unbecoming conduct"
- In 1995, Archbishop Iakovos removed him from the Presidency of Holy Cross Seminary due to numerous complaints from the Faculty of the school.
- In 2008 Methodios caused a scandal at the Lowell, MA parish when he ordered the Parish Council to give the Priest a $12,000 raise. When the Parish Council refused he excommunicated the parish council and forbade them from receiving communion.
- In 2011 - St. George in Lynn, MA. Metropolitan Methodios of Boston began a multiple rounds of sanctions against the parish and its priest, Rev. George Tsoukalas, over money.
- In 2016 - An international organization committed to exposing cases of sexual abuse by religious and church officials called for the immediate removal of Fr. Theodore J. Barbas, the Chancellor of the Greek Orthodox Metropolis of Boston, who was responsible for the oversight of a Maine-based priest convicted in 2015 of four felony counts of sexual abuse of minor.
- In 2017 - St. Athanasius Greek Orthodox Church in Arlington MA. Methodios and Barbas remove Father Nicholas Kastanas from his duties ignoring the vast majority of cries from the community to bring him back.
People are starting to question their Greek Orthodox faith and this dictatorship needs to stop.
Ecumenical Patriarch of Constantinople, and Archbishop Demetrios of America. See our petition and hear our plea. The Greek Orthodox parishes of New England want a change! The Greek Orthodox Faith is being compromised and we are asking for you help!