LMSD Petition for Re-Opening Committee and Metrics
Dear Superintendent Copeland and LMSD Board,
Given the August 5th LMSD Board meeting vote resulted in the approval of a fully 100% virtual start of school on September 8th, we respectfully request the following:
- Creation of a Reopening Committee consisting of Board members, teachers and parent volunteers
- The Reopening Committee shall provide input to the internal Reopening Task Force
- The Reopening Committee shall provide opportunities for parents and medical professionals to submit comments and recommendations to the Reopening Committee.
- Establish the Reopening Committee by August 20, 2020.
- Furthermore, we request that medical experts in epidemiology and pediatrics work with the Reopening Committee to define the metrics required for in-person education by September 10th, 2020
- Provide for transparency to the Reopening Task Force and Reopening Committee members and a dedicated email for the public to reach these groups
Lower Merion Families and Taxpayers