Lincoln Park Counts
As you know the City Council is in the process redrawing ward boundaries to reflect the recent census. There are two maps currently under consideration, the “For a Better Chicago” map and the “Tax Payer Protection” map.
Here are some facts about both proposed maps:
• The “For a Better Chicago” map would divide the neighborhoods of Lincoln Park between FIVE SEPARATE WARDS; 43rd, 44th, 32nd, 27th, and the 2nd Wards.
• A division between five separate wards would mean daily services AS WELL AS large scale development projects would have to be handled by five separate offices.
• The “For a Better Chicago” map would divide the Park West, Ranch Triangle and Wrightwood Neighbors between two wards that are completely outside of the 43rd Ward, and divides Sheffield Neighbors into three wards and Lincoln Central into four wards.
• The proposed alternative “Tax Payer Protection” map would better maintain the cohesiveness and historic boundaries of the Lincoln Park neighborhood.
• All seven community groups that represent Lincoln Park have voiced their official support for the “Tax Payer Protection” map.
• The “Tax Payer Protection” map would also more fairly represent the population changes the City of Chicago has undergone in the last ten years.
Please sign this petition in opposition of "Map For a Better Chicago" to keep Lincoln Park whole.