Integrate Bowie House Hotel into our Camp Bowie Neighborhood
We're asking Bowie Plan Properties to implement the following changes to the design of the Bowie House Hotel to "maintain the neighborhood commercial scale and character of the historic section of Camp Bowie Boulevard bounded by Montgomery Street and Interstate 30" as outlined in Fort Worth's 2020 Comprehensive Plan for Arlington Heights.
1. Limit the hotel height to 36 feet (3 stories) to match the scale of the neighborhood commercial development along this historic boulevard and increase privacy for neighboring residences.
2. Increase the front yard setback to a minimum of 10 feet
3. Increase open space in the design plan to 40% from the waiver-approved 21%. Neighborhoods surrounding the Bowie House suffer from flooding from storm water runoff and creating more impervious surfaces will increase flooding.
4. Develop a parking plan that will not lead to backups on Camp Bowie or street parking by hotel, restaurant and bar guests.
5. Develop a traffic plan that will not increase traffic on Dorothy Lane, Clarke Avenue or Watonga Street.